Friday, October 31, 2008

Chew on This: Gum Tree is Opening!


How frustrating the constant and never ending search for green merchandise in our local stores. Many shops are carrying at least a couple eco-friendly products, but who has time to strip search the product labels of every item we pick up? As much as I love supporting my local economy, I find myself shopping online for most of my eco-conscious gifts and needs. It is much easier to find what I need with the help of those online directories.

So when I heard a shop dedicated to supporting local merchants and green products was opening just a mere few miles from my home, the giddiness overtook me. I was soon telling my friends, neighbors, doctors and yoga instructors. Everyone had to know about this! Yes, Gum Tree was the sweet refreshment I had been waiting for in my local shopping experience.

On Pier Avenue in Hermosa Beach, in a beautiful craftsman style beach house, Gum Tree is half eco gift shop and half organic cafe. The shop proves to all those weary of the "brown bag" eco product, that environmentally friendly can be as easy on the eyes as it is on the earth. Chic, sophisticated and with all the freshness of the near by sea air, you'll be able to shop for home, baby, and of course yourself. And once you've exhausted yourself, and possibly your pocket book (if you failed to resist the urge to buy everything!) then you can cruise just steps to the adjoining cafe and grab a bite.

Gum Tree opens tomorrow! Stop by for the grand opening. Support Green & support local business!

Gum Tree
238 Pier Avenue
Hermosa Beach, CA
310-376-8744
www.gumtreela.com

No comments: